320% Sign Up Bonus
up to US$1,200 Bonus
US$1600 Welcome Package
US$500 No Deposit Needed
Last Updated: February 8, 2017
On This Page
Alphabetic Roulette is a roulette variant I saw at the Fitzgerald's in Las Vegas on August 7, 2011. It is a simple roulette variant involving both colors and letters. There are 25 spaces, one for each letter from A to X, and one for both Y and Z. There are also six colors, each consisting of four letters. The YZ is treated much the way the 0 is in single-zero roulette and has no color.
There are ten types of bets, as follows:
- Straight Up: Bet on any one letter, or YZ.
- Split: Bet on any two neighboring letters.
- Top Line: Bet on A, B, and YZ.
- Four Way: Bet on any four neighboring letters.
- Color: Bet on any one color.
- Six Way: Bet on one of four groups of six letters: A-F, G-L, M-R, S-X.
- Party Pit: Bet that any letter in "party pit," i.e. the P, A, R, T, Y, or I.
- Roulette: Bet that any letter in "roulette," i.e. the R, O, U, L, E, or T.
- Dozen: Bet on one of two groups of 12 letters: A-L or M-X
- Column: One of two bets of alternating letter: A, C, E, ... , W or B, D, F, ... , X.
The following table shows the probability and expected return of each bet. The right column shows that every bet has a 4.00% house edge.
Every bet has the same house edge so it makes no difference what you bet on.
If you enjoy roulette and conventional roulette is also available, here is how Alphabetic Roulette compares to some other horizontal-wheel games.
|Atlantic City roulette||2.63%|
: Official game web site.