320% Sign Up Bonus
100% + 100 Free Spins
50% UP TO US$50
Last Updated: November 3, 2016
On This Page
IntroductionI first heard about bACEball from one of my readers in late 2016. It is a table game found at the Star City casino in Sydney, Australia. It is easy to play and requires no strategy.
- The game is played with six 52-card decks.
- Cards in the range of 2-10 count as pip value, all face cards are 10 points, and aces are 11 points.
- After bets have been made, the player and dealer will each receive three cards.
- If the player has three aces it is referred to as a "home run."
- If the player has any three 10-point cards, it is referred to as a "strike out."
- The main wager is called the "bet." The rules of that are as follows.
- If the player has a Home Run, he automatically wins and the Bet shall pay 10 to 1.
- Otherwise, if the player has a Strike Out, then he shall automatically lose.
- Otherwise, the total points of the player and dealer shall be compared, the higher total wins.
- If the player has the higher total, then the Bet shall pay 1 to 1.
- If the dealer has the higher total, then the Bet shall lose.
- If the point totals are equal, then the Bet shall push.
- The First Strike wager shall be based on the players first card. The rules of that are as follows.
- If the card is any 10-point card, then the First Strike shall pay 2 to 1.
- Otherwise, the First Strike Bet shall lose.
It is worth nothing that this bet is exactly the same as the insurance bet in blackjack.
- There is also a Second Strike bet based on the second card and Third Strike bet based on the third card. Both follow the same rules as the First Strike bet above.
- The Strike Out wager shall be based on all three player cards. The rules of that are as follows.
- If all three cards are worth 10 points, then the Strike Out bet shall pay 30 to 1.
- Otherwise, the Strike Out bet shall lose.
- Finally, there is a Jackpot bet, based on any aces in the player hand. I don't have enough details on this bet so I'm omitting further mention of it on this analysis until I do.
The following table shows my analysis of the "Bet" wager. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 5.07%.
The following table shows my analysis of each Strike wager. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 7.69%.
The following table shows my analysis of the Home Run wager. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 11.65%.
|Three 10-point cards||30||142,880||0.028500||0.855002|
- — From the New South Wales Liquor & Gaming Authority.
- in my forum at Wizard of Vegas.