Opening Bonus Available
100% + 100 Free Spins
US$500 No Deposit Needed
Last Updated: April 12, 2019
On This Page
Bullfight is a variant of Niu Niu, a popular gambling game in south-eastern China and Combodia, which translates to "bull bull" in English. Compared to Niu Niu, Bullfight is more like baccarat. The player may bet on either side to win, in this case a Red Bull or Black Bull. There is no Double bet, but there are lots of side bets. Read on for the full rules. The game can be found at Internet casinos using the live dealers by Asia Gaming.
Following are the rules as dealt by Asia Gaming.
- One ordinary 52-card deck is used.
- Cards count the same number of points as in baccarat: aces = 1, 2-10 = pip value, face cards = zero.
- As in baccarat, if a group of cards has a total point value greater than 9, then the tens digit is dropped and the point value of the hand is the terminal digit of the sum of the individual points.
- The two main bets are on the Red Bull and Black Bull.
- The Red Bull and Black Bull hands shall each receive five cards.
- The dealer shall arrange the cards to make the best hand possible in each hand.
- Following is the ranking of hands, from highest to lowest:
- Five Calf — All cards with point value 1 to 4 and the total points ten or less.
- Bomb — Four cards of the same rank.
- Gold Bull — All face cards.
- Silver Bull — All cards zero points.
- Three-card hand and two-card hand are both zero points, known as a "Niu Niu" in Chinese or "Bull Bull" in English.
- Bull 9 — Three-card hand is 9 points and the two-card hand is nine points.
- Bull 8 — Three-card hand is 8 points and the two-card hand is eight points.
- Bull 7 — Three-card hand is 7 points and the two-card hand is seven points.
- Bull 6 — Three-card hand is 6 points and the two-card hand is six points.
- Bull 5 — Three-card hand is 5 points and the two-card hand is five points.
- Bull 4 — Three-card hand is 4 points and the two-card hand is four points.
- Bull 3 — Three-card hand is 3 points and the two-card hand is three points.
- Bull 2 — Three-card hand is 2 points and the two-card hand is two points.
- Bull 1 — Three-card hand is 1 point and the two-card hand is one point.
- Unlike in Niu Niu, if both hands have the same ranking, Red Bull and Black Bull bets shall push, as opposed to looking at the individual card ranks.
- Winning Red Bull and Black Bull bets pay even money, less a 5% commission. In other words, 0.95 to 1.
- The following side bets are offered:
- Tie — Red Bull and Black Bull hands tie in rank — Pays 5 to 1.
- Bull Bull — Either or both hands are a Bull Bull in rank — Pays 5 to 1.
- Bull 9 — Either or both hands are a Bull 9 in rank. — Pays 5 to 1.
- Bull 8 — Either or both hands are a Bull 8 in rank. — Pays 5 to 1.
- Bull 7 — Either or both hands are a Bull 7 in rank. — Pays 5 to 1.
- Bull 6 — Either or both hands are a Bull 6 in rank. — Pays 5 to 1.
- Bull 5 — Either or both hands are a Bull 5 in rank. — Pays 5 to 1.
- Bull 4 — Either or both hands are a Bull 4 in rank. — Pays 5 to 1.
- Bull 3 — Either or both hands are a Bull 3 in rank. — Pays 5 to 1.
- Bull 2 — Either or both hands are a Bull 2 in rank. — Pays 5 to 1.
- Bull 1 — Either or both hands are a Bull 1 in rank. — Pays 5 to 1.
- Double Bull Bull — Both hands are a Bull Bull in rank. — Pays 100 to 1.
- Five calf, bomb, gold bull, or silver bull — Either or both hands are a Silver Bull in rank or higher. — Pays 120 to 1.
- in my forum at Wizard of Vegas.
- — at Asia Gaming
The following table shows my analysis of the Red Bull and Black Bull bets, based on one deck of cards. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 2.11%.
Red Bull & Black Bull
The following table shows the probability of all outcomes for either hand.
Individual Hand Probabilities
The next table shows the probability of winning and expected return of all side bets, assuming one deck of cards.
|Double Bull Bull||100||0.005195||-0.475347|
|Silver bull +||120||0.004387||-0.469173|
Written by: Michael Shackleford