320% Sign Up Bonus
100% + 100 Free Spins
US$500 No Deposit Needed
Last Updated: October 8, 2014
On This Page
Dazzling Dice is a game of chance available at Internet casinos using software. The game is based on rolling 25 poker dice, arranged in a five by five matrix, and trying to form paying poker hands over the 12 pay lines.
- The player chooses a bet denomination, ranging from 25¢ to $25, and then 1 to 12 pay lines.
- The game uses poker dice. A poker die has on its six faces a 9, 10, jack, queen, king, and ace.
- 25 poker dice will be rolled and arranged in a five by five matrix.
- There are 12 lines running through the matrix, five vertical, five horizontal, and two diagonal.
- The player is paid according to the poker value of each active pay line, according to the following pay table. All pays are on a "for one" basis.
|Five of a kind||100|
|Four of a kind||6|
|Three of a kind||2|
The following table shows the number of combinations, probability, and return from each outcome. The lower right cell shows a return of 93.36%.
|Five of a kind||100||6||0.000772||0.077160|
|Four of a kind||6||150||0.019290||0.115741|
|Three of a kind||2||1,200||0.154321||0.308642|
The same casinos that offer this game should also offer Poker Dice, which a very similar game, but with just five dice and a more generous pay table returning 97.99%. Why settle for 93.4% when you can get 98.0%?
Since this is such a short page, I'll torture you with how to calculate the number of permutations of each winning hand.
- Five of a Kind: There are 6 combinations, one for each face of the dice.
- High Straight: There is only one type of high straight: A-K-Q-J-10. However, there are factorial(5) = 6×5×4×3×2 = 120 ways to arrange those five dice in order, since they are all different. So, 1×120=120 permutations.
- Low straight: A low straight is K-Q-J-10-9. The same odds as a high straight.
- Four of a Kind: There are 6 faces for the four of a kind and 5 left for the singleton. The singleton's position can be one of five places. So the total permutations are 6×5×5=150.
- Full House: There are 6 faces for the three of a kind and 5 left for the pair. There are combin(5,2)=10 possible positions in the five dice for the pair. So the total permutations are 6×5×10=300.
- Three of a Kind: There are 6 faces for the three of a kind and combin(5,2)=10 ways to choose the two singletons. There are combin(5,3)=10 possible positions in the five dice for the three of a kind. Then factorial(2) ways to position the two singletons in the remaining two positions. So the total permutations are 6×10×10×2=1200.