100% + 100 Free Spins
US$500 No Deposit Needed
50% UP TO US$50
Last Updated: April 26, 2017
On This Page
Derby Day is a fairly simple horse racing game by Playtech. Every race features six horses of varying "points." As in a real horse race, the player can bet on the win, place, show, exacta, pick-4, or pick-5. The graphics are not the best I've ever seen for a horse racing emulator, but the simplicity may be nostalgic to people of a certain age. *ahem*
- There are six horses in every race, each with a different number of "points." How these points are defined or earned, I have no idea.
- The following bets are available on each race:
- Win — Winner of the race.
- Place — Bet that a chosen horse will finish in the top two.
- Show — Bet that a chosen horse will finish in the top three.
- Exacta — Bet that two specific horses will finish first and second, in order.
- Pick IV — I think this is an abuse of Roman numerals, but I digress. This is a bet on the first, second, third, and fourth place horses, in order.
- Pick V — This is a bet on the first, second, third, fourth, and fifth place horses, in order.
I analyzed the pays given for each bet in a few races to determine an overall return of each type of bet. Assuming the return percentage were the same for each horse, or combination of horses, for any given bet, I show a very consistent return percentage from race to race for each bet. I also show the return for each type of bet is about the same at 95.0%.
Discussion about Derby Day in my forum at .
Written by: Michael Shackleford