320% Sign Up Bonus
US$1600 Welcome Package
US$500 No Deposit Needed
up to US$1,200 Bonus
Last Updated: March 1, 2017
On This Page
IntroductionKing Crab, also known as Belangkai in the Malay language, is a simple game based on a spinner with four sides. The player simply bets on which symbol will appear after a spin.
- The game uses a spinner with four sides. On the sides are a King Crab, Prawn, Flower, and Fish. Players bets on which one will be on top after a spin.
- Play begins with the player making one of the bets listed below.
- The first type of bet is on which symbol will win. With four different symbols, there are four such bets available. Wins can pay either 2.85 or 2.9 to 1. The 2.85 win is sometimes expressed as 3 to 1, less a 5% commission on the win amount.
- The second type of bet covers two symbols. There are six different ways to pick two out of four symbols, and all six of such bets are available. Wins pay 0.95 to 1, which is sometimes expressed as 1 to 1, less a 5% commission.
- The third type of bet has one symbol that wins, one that is a push, and two that lose. There 12 ways to choose one winning and another pushing symbol, all of which are available to bet. Wins pay 1.95 to 1, which is sometimes expressed as 2 to 1 less a 5% commission on the win.
Please note that many Internet casinos offer this game and express the odds on a "for one" basis.
Following is an image of the betting layout. This game follows the liberal odds on the one symbol bets and expresses everything on a "for one" basis.
Considering the three different types of bets and the number of ways to bet each one, there are 22 total bets on the table.
One Winning Symbol -- Stingy Rules
The following table shows the probability and contribution to the return for bets on one winning symbol under the stingy rules that pay 2.85 to 1 on a win. In this case, the King Crab is used as an example of the winning symbol. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 3.75%.
One Symbol Wins -- Stingy Rules
One Winning Symbol -- Liberal Rules
The following table shows the probability and contribution to the return for bets on one winning symbol under the liberal rules that pay 2.9 to 1 on a win. In this case, the King Crab is used as an example of the winning symbol. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 2.5%.
One Symbol Wins -- Liberal Rules
Two Winning Symbols
The following table shows the probability and contribution to the return for bets on two winning symbols. In this case, the Flower and Fish are used as an example of the winning symbols. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 2.5%.
Two Symbols Win
|Flower or fish||0.95||2||0.5||0.475|
One Winning and One Pushing Symbol
The following table shows the probability and contribution to the return for bets on one winning and one pushing symbol. In this case, the Prawn is used as the winning symbol and the King Crab as the pushing one, as just an example. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 2.5%.
One Symbol Wins and Another Pushes
If playing at a casino that follows the liberal rule of paying 2.9 to 1 on a single symbol, then it doesn't matter what you bet, because everything has a house edge of 2.5%. If playing under the stingy rules, then just don't make bets on a single symbol, where the other three symbols lose. Everything else will have a house edge of 2.5%.
- in my forum at Wizard of Vegas.