Opening Bonus Available
100% + 100 Free Spins
US$500 No Deposit Needed
Last Updated: December 27, 2005
On This Page
Jackpot Darts is a game found at Internet casinos using Playtech software. The game can be found under the Arcade Games menu.
- The game will randomly throw three darts at a dartboard.
- The probability any given dart will land in the inner bullseye is 0.25%.
- The probability any given dart will land in the outer bullseye is 0.5%.
- The probability for any given dart that for all slices are the same at 99.25%/20 = 4.9625% each.
- The probability for any given dart that the dart lands in one of the single rings is 74.4375%.
- The probability for any given dart that the dart lands in the double ring is 14.8875%.
- The probability for any given dart that the dart lands in the triple ring is 9.925%.
In the screenshot above I bet $1 that exactly one dart would land in the double circle (which won $3), $1 that at least one dart would hit the outer bullseye (which lost), $1 on a total of 3 to 38 (which won $2), and $1 on the number 13 (which lost).
The following table shows the probability and return for each possible bet. The table shows the best bet to be on one double at 97.0624%.
|Total of 3 to 38||2||0.480481||0.960961|
|Total of 39 to 41||14||0.068507||0.959097|
|Total of 42 to 180||2.1||0.451012||0.947126|
The $1 progressive jackpot bet pays $20 for one bulls eye (either outer or inner), $2000 for two, and the jackpot for three. The expected return is 77.82% plus 4.22% for each $100,000 in the meter. The breakeven point is $525643.70.
I was hired by Playtech to help design all of their Arcade Games. I was given permission by Playtech to publish this analysis.
Written by: Michael Shackleford