320% Sign Up Bonus
Opening Bonus Available
100% + 100 Free Spins
Last Updated: August 24, 2016
On This Page
I first heard of Roulette-18 at the 2014 Global Gaming Expo. It is similar to roulette, except has 19 different outcomes and is played with a 20-sided icosahedron instead of a wheel. You can find it at some of the Grosvenor casinos in the UK.
Actual Roulette-18 dice, kindly given to me at the Global Gaming Expo.
The game uses an , which for the non-math nerds is one of the five platonic solids, in this case the one with 20 triangles. The die is numbered 0 to 19, plus a 00. If the 00 is rolled, then all bets have no action and the die is rolled again. The following bets are available on the outcome of the roll.
- Straight up: Bet on an individual number. Pays 17 to 1.
- Split: Bet on two adjacent numbers of the betting payout. Pays 8 to 1.
- Street: Bet on a row of three numbers of the betting payout. Pays 5 to 1.
- Corner: Bet on four adjacent numbers of the betting payout. Pays 7 to 2.
- Line: Bet on six adjacent numbers of the betting payout. Pays 2 to 1.
- Odd: Bet on all the odd numbers. Pays 1 to 1.
- Even: Bet on all the even numbers. Pays 1 to 1.
- 1-9: Bet on the number 1 to 9. Pays 1 to 1.
- 10-18: Bet on the number 10 to 18. Pays 1 to 1.
- Red: Bet on the nine red numbers. Pays 1 to 1.
- Black: Bet on the nine black numbers. Pays 1 to 1.
The following tables show the analysis of each bet. The double-zero is ignored because all bets continue to have action after a double-zero is rolled.
All Even Money Bets
All even money bets have a rule that if the die lands on zero then the player loses half only. This cuts the house edge in half from 5.26% to 2.63%. Thus, much like in European roulette, my advice is to stick to the even money bets only.
Here is a scan of the rule card.