Opening Bonus Available
50% UP TO US$50
100% + 100 Free Spins
Last Updated: May 19, 2014
On This Page
Street Dice is a dice game that debuted at the Downtown Grand casino in Las Vegas on May 16, 2014. It could loosely be described as a simplified version of craps, with just two bets and a maximum of four rolls to resolve a bet. At the Grand, the game is played outdoors with the dice cast inside a three-sided wood box, painted to look like an alley.
The dealer uses a claw to pick up the dice.
There are two bets only in Street Dice. Both are played with two ordinary dice.
- The Pass bet is made before the "Set the Point" roll, the equivalent to the come out roll in craps.
- If the Set the Point roll is a 7, then the Pass bet pushes.
- If the Set the Point roll is an 11, then the Pass bet wins even money.
- If the Set the Point roll is a 2, 3, or 12, then the Pass bet loses.
- Otherwise, whatever was rolled becomes the Point. The object is to roll the point again, within three more rolls, and without rolling a seven. The odds depend on the point and on which roll it was rolled a second time, according to the pay table below.
- If a seven is rolled after the Set the Point roll, or the player goes three rolls without rolling the point or a seven (I'll call this getting three strikes), then the Pass bet loses.
Pass Bet Pay Table
|4, 10||5, 9||6, 8|
|1||5 to 1||4 to 1||3 to 1|
|2||4 to 1||3 to 1||2 to 1|
|3||3 to 1||2 to 1||1 to 1|
These are the dice used. They are a little bigger than craps dice. I'm told the Grand preferred to use even larger dice, but these are as big as Nevada Gaming will allow.
Some readers might wonder about the bounciness of the ground. It is like wet clay. Sometimes the dice just lay right where they land.
- The Brick bet is made before the "Set the Point" roll.
- If the Set the Point roll is a 7 or 11, then the Brick bet pushes.
- If the Set the Point roll is a 2, 3, 5, 9, or 12, then the Brick bet loses.
- Otherwise, whatever was rolled becomes the Point. The object is to roll the point again the hard way* within three more rolls, and without rolling a seven or the point the easy way**. A win pays 25 to 1.
- If the player rolls a seven, rolls the point the easy way, or goes three rolls after the Set the Point roll without doing either, then the Brick bet loses.
* The Hard Way is rolling a particular even number with both dice landing on the same face. For example, a five and five would be called a hard 10.
** The Easy Way is rolling a particular even number with both dice landing on difference faces. For example, a four and six would be called an easy 10.
The following return table shows the probability and contribution to the return of all possible outcomes of the Pass bet. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 5.02%.
Pass Bet Return Table
|Set the Point roll 7||0||0.166667||0.000000|
|Set the Point roll 11||1||0.055556||0.055556|
|Set the Point roll 2, 3, 12||-1||0.111111||-0.111111|
|Roll 1 -- Point 4 or 10||5||0.013889||0.069444|
|Roll 1 -- Point 5 or 9||4||0.024691||0.098765|
|Roll 1 -- Point 6 or 8||3||0.038580||0.115741|
|Roll 2 -- Point 4 or 10||4||0.010417||0.041667|
|Roll 2 -- Point 5 or 9||3||0.017833||0.053498|
|Roll 2 -- Point 6 or 8||2||0.026792||0.053584|
|Roll 3 -- Point 4 or 10||3||0.007813||0.023438|
|Roll 3 -- Point 5 or 9||2||0.012879||0.025758|
|Roll 3 -- Point 6 or 8||1||0.018605||0.018605|
The following return table shows the probability and contribution to the return of all possible outcomes of the Brick bet. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 6.27%.
Brick Bet Return Table
|Set the Point roll 7 or 11||0||0.222222||0.000000|
|Set the Point roll 2, 3, 5, 9, 12||-1||0.333333||-0.333333|
|Hard way win||25||0.027502||0.687538|
|Point made easy way||-1||0.088594||-0.088594|
This display indicates how many more rolls the player has to hit the point.
Click on any image for larger version.
Here I am making the very fist bet, which was . Hopefully, that guy behind me wasn't holding his nose because of me.
- Die Rich — Similar game that appeared at the Luxor in 2006.
- — Discussion about the game in my forum.