320% Sign Up Bonus
Opening Bonus Available
100% + 100 Free Spins
Last Updated: February 9, 2016
On This Page
Triple Shot Rummy
I first saw Triple Shot Rummy at the 2015 Global Gaming Expo. As far as I know, its casino debut was at the Rampart casino in Las Vegas on February 11, 2016. Aside from a change in side bets, it is the same as Vegas Three Card Rummy, which has been played at some Internet casinos for years. The rules are similar to Three Card Poker, except hands are scored much differently.
- The game is played with a single 52-card deck.
- All cards are ranked according to their poker value, except aces are always low.
- The object is to have fewer points than the dealer.
- Play starts with the player making an Ante bet plus an optional Pair Plus bet.
- The player and dealer each receive three cards. The dealer cards are dealt face down. Both hands are scored according to the table below. In the event a hand may be scored more than one way the lower total will be used.
- Singleton aces count as 1 point, 2 to 10 count according to pip value, and faces cards are 10 points.
- Pairs, three of a kind, and runs of at least 2 suited cards count as zero points. For purposes of runs, aces count as low only (although they can be high for purposes of the Pair Plus bet).
Play Pay Table
|0||4 to 1|
|1 to 5||2 to 1|
|6 or more||1 to 1|
Pair Plus Pay Table
|Straight Flush||40 to 1|
|Three of a Kind||30 to 1|
|Straight||6 to 1|
|Flush||3 to 1|
|Pair||1 to 1|
Ante Bet Analysis
The following table shows the possible outcomes of the ante bet assuming optimal player strategy. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 3.23%.
Ante Bet Return Table
|Player beats dealer with 0 points||5||1188508||0.002919||0.014595|
|Player beats dealer with 1-5 points||3||24911320||0.061182||0.183545|
|Player beats dealer with 6 or more points||2||59776920||0.146811||0.293621|
|Dealer doesn't qualify||1||91156848||0.223879||0.223879|
|Dealer beats player||-2||85876748||0.210911||-0.421822|
The player will raise 67.38% of the time, for an average bet of 1.6738 units. The element of risk is thus 3.2337%/1.6738 = 1.93%.
Pair Plus Analysis
The following table shows the possible outcomes of the bonus bet. The lower right cell shows a house edge of 7.28%.
Pair Plus Return Table
|Three of a kind||30||52||0.002353||0.070588|
On the Ante bet, the player should have the same folding point as the dealer, raising with 20 or fewer points, and folding with 21 or more.
In my opinion, for purposes of comparing one bet to another, the element or risk should be used, which is 1.96% for the ante bet and 7.28% for the Pair Plus bet. So between the two, the Ante is the much better bet.
Discussion of Triple Shot Rummy in my forum at .