Last Updated: January 26, 2018
On This Page
Ezugi is an online casino game developer that specializes in live dealer games. The company was founded in 2013 and is based out of Europe. It has significantly expanded since opening, with operations centers in Latvia and Romania as well as studios and offices in Colombia, Israel, the UK, Malta, Cambodia, Bulgaria, and Spain.
Ezugi’s games have significantly expanded in quality in recent years, featuring lush high-definition graphics, professional dealers, and good rules that make Ezugi one of the better live dealer groups in existence.
The Ezugi live dealer casino offers many of the popular table games plus a couple games of luck based on numbered balls, keno and Bet on Numbers. The house edge ranges all over the place on Ezugi games, from 30% on the pick-10 keno ticket to 0.1% in conventional blackjack. So be very careful about which game you play.
Baccarat -- Queenco Casino
Baccarat -- Super 6
Baccarat -- Dragon Bonus
Baccarat -- Queenco Casino
There are a host of different baccarat games to choose from. They all use eight decks and have the same drawing rules. Following are the details of each one.
"Live Baccarat" is dealt from the Ezugi live dealer studios. The game offers the the following bets:
- Banker — Pays the usual 0.95 to 1. House edge of 1.06%.
- Player — Pays the usual 1 to 1. House edge of 1.24%.
- Tie — Pays the usual 8 to 1. House edge of 14.36%.
- Player pair — Pays the usual 11 to 1. House edge of 10.36%.
- Banker pair — Pays the usual 11 to 1. House edge of 10.36%.
- Either pair — Pays 5 to 1. House edge of 13.71%.
- Small — Pays 3 to 2 on a total of four cards between the Player and Banker hands. House edge of 5.27%.
- Big — Pays 0.54 to 1 on a total of five or six cards between the Player and Banker hands. House edge of 4.35%.
- Perfect Pair — Pays 25 to 1 if the Player and/or Banker have a suited pair as the first two cards. House edge of 13.03%.
This baccarat game has all the same bets as the "Live Baccarat" above. The difference is that it is dealt from an actual casino where players can play. The casino is the Queenco, which is located in Cambodia.
Super 6 Baccarat
I think this game is usually known by the name Nepal Baccarat. It is the same as conventional baccarat, except the Banker bet pays even money, except on a winning total of six it pays 1 to 2. The rule changes on the Banker bet increase the house edge from 1.06% to 1.46%.
There is also a Super 6 side bet, which pays 12 to 1 on a winning Banker total of six. The probability of winning the Super 6 bet is 5.39% for a house edge of 29.98%. You can find more information about it in my baccarat side bets page.
Dragon Bonus Baccarat
This is conventional baccarat with the Dragon Bonus side bets added. This pair of side bets pays according to the margin of victory on the side you bet on, the greater the margin, the more you win. The bottom line is a house edge of 2.65% on the Player Dragon and 9.37% on the Banker Dragon.
Bet on Numbers
Bet on Numbers is a lottery type of game where there are a host of ways to bet on the draw of six balls out of 49. Ball draws are every five minutes by a live dealer. For all the rules and odds, please visit my page on Bet on Numbers.
Ezugi has several different blackjack tables to bet on. The tables seems to be in different locations, as evidenced by the color of the table felts and design on the carpet.
All the tables seem to have the most liberal sets of blackjack rules I've seen in years. It is sweet mainly due to the rule that allows early surrender against an ace. Here are the full rules:
- Eight decks. Penetration is about 50%.
- Dealer stands on soft 17
- Early surrender against ace allowed. Otherwise, no surrender.
- Dealer peeks for blackjack with ace up but not ten. If the dealer gets a blackjack starting with a 10 up, the player will lose the total amount bet, including doubles and splits.
- Player may double on any two cards.
- Double after split allowed.
- Player may split only once (no re-splitting)
- Back betting is allowed.
Thanks to the early surrender rule against an ace, which is worth 0.39% the player's way, the house edge is a very low 0.11%. The help files incorrectly say the return is 99.50%. The basic strategy is as follows:
A couple of side bets are offered. They follow the 25/12/6 pay table in Perfect Pairs for a house edge of 4.10%. They also have the 100-40-25-10-5 pay table for the 21+3 side bet for a house edge of 6.29%.
Unlimited Blackjack is a way of playing blackjack with an unlimited number of players. Everyone acts on the same hand. Following are the rules:
- Eight standard decks are used.
- The dealer shall peek for a blackjack with an ace up but not a 10.
- If the dealer gets a blackjack started with a 10 up, the player will lose all money bet, including on doubles and splits.
- The dealer shall stand on soft 17.
- Double after a split is allowed.
- Surrender is not allowed.
- Play may split to only two hands.
- Split aces get one card per hand.
- Pairs of 2's, 3's, 6's, 7's, 8's, and aces will be spit automatically. The player may choose whether to play one or both hands after the split. Pairs of 4's, 5's, 9's, and 10's are never split.
The bottom line is a house edge of 0.35%. For more details, including the basic strategy, please see my page on Unlimited Blackjack.
Casino Hold 'Em
Casino Hold 'Em is offered with the usual rules. The follow the 100-20-10-3-2-1 pay table on the Ante bet for a house edge of 2.16%. The Bonus Bet follows the 100-50-40-30-7-7-7-7 pay table for a house edge of 6.26%.
The keno game follows the standard rule of drawing 20 balls out of 80. The player may pick 1 to 8 at $0.10 to $4 per play. Following is the pay table, which I have to remark is rather stingy.
Eguzi Keno Pay Table
|Catch||Pick 1||Pick 2||Pick 3||Pick 4||Pick 5||Pick 6||Pick 7||Pick 8|
If you must play, the best bet is on a pick-1 with a 75% return. I you like this type of game, I would suggest you play Bet on Numbers instead.
Roulette is played on a single-zero wheel. Even money bets lose the full bet if the ball lands in zero. The house edge is 2.70% on every bet. The player can bet on various different wheels, including ones in real casinos, the Portomaso, Royal, and Queenco.
The Ezugi live dealers all come across as very professional. This comes at the expense of less of an emphasis on eye candy, which their competitors seem to put an emphasis on. Ezugi even has quite a few male dealers. As this seems a place for serious players, I didn't see much chatting in the chat window. All things considered, I think the Ezugi dealers deal a clean game.
Unique, as far as I know, to Ezugi is the ability to bet on games in a real casino. This can be done in baccarat and roulette. The three real casinos they utilize are the Queenco in Cambodia, the Portomaso in Malta and the Royal Casino, whose location I do not know.